In addition to the presenter, following authors that helped with the content writing, review, or approval declare no conflict of interest.
Dr. Mobeen Syed
Dr. Pei Purdom
Dr. Beenish Zahra
Dr. Iqra Batool
Dr. Heba Alzawahri
A study conducted in UK observed that the UK Variant of SARS-COV-2 (B.1.1.7) is not only more contagious, but also more lethal. We will review this study here.
Following topics are presented:
1. Study design, method, and duration.
2. Study conclusion and suggestion to healthcare authorities.
3. UK Variant's nomenclature.
4. Causes explored by the researchers for the increased infectivity/contagiousness and lethality.
5. Study's strengths and the weaknesses.
Mobeen Syed M.D, MS Graduated from King Edward Medical University. Entrepreneur, Medical Educator, CEO and founder of Drbeen corp.