In addition to the presenter, following authors who may have helped with the content writing, review, or approval declare no conflict of interest.
In this lecture Dr. Mir Ali khan will discuss:
1. Definition of the lower respiratory tract (LRT). (1:00)
2. Signs and symptoms of lower respiratory tract infection (LRTI). (1:33)
3. Types of LRTI. (2:20)
4. Acute bronchitis. (3:20)
5. Pneumonia. (7:57)
6. Common symptoms of pneumonia. (25:35)
7. Clinical findings in cases of pneumonia. (28:33)
8. Radiological findings and lab investigations. (31:00)
9. Treatment of pneumonia. (36:00)
10. Complications of pneumonia. (43:50)
Mir M. Alikhan graduated from the University of Texas Medical School. Mir served as chief medical resident at Boston University Medical Center. Mir underwent Pulmonary & Critical Care fellowship training at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. He is now board certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, & Critical Care Medicine.