In this video we will learn about:
1. What is a brain trauma?
2. Glasgow coma scale to assess the level of conciousness in brain trauma patients.
3. Basic skull and brain anatomy.
4. Mechanism of brain injury.
5. Classification of types of brain injury/trauma.
6. Management of different types of brain injuries.
Presented by Dr. Luis A Verduzco
Luis A. Verduzco M.D. is certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology in anesthesiology and critical care medicine. He completed his undergraduate degree with distinction from Yale University and then went on to medical school at Harvard, having graduated as an Arthur Lehman and LInnane Scholar. Dr Verduzco received his residency training at Stanford and was elected chief resident during his final year. He stayed at Stanford for critical care fellowship training. He is a former Academy of Achievement Student Delegate and Howard Hughes Medical Institute Research Training Fellow. Dr Verduzco has authored multiple book chapters and peer-reviewed manuscripts, with primary authorships in prestigious journals such as Stroke and Blood. He is an avid learner who practices evidence-based medicine and enjoys teaching.