Drbeen Forum | drbeen

Want to ask a question or post a comment?

Sign In.

Back To Forum
Sign In

Autoimmune and other chronic health issues and previous bad response to vaccines
Issie - 2021-03-02 15:13:53

I have lots of ongoing chronic issues, including ME/CFS and Hypogammaglobulinemia.   My father got Gillian Barre from a flu shot, 2 different times.  The last time it took him IVIG to pull him out of it.  I had a severe reaction to vaccine as a child (missed year of school and could not walk or raise head from pillow) and again as an adult with a tetnus vaccine.  I don't know whether to take a chance to get a COVID vaccine.  And I'm an A blood type. 

Are there any studies to say what those of us with compromised immune system and issues with previous vaccines, should do?  I also have severe MCAS (mast cell activation syndrome) and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome). 

Autoimmune and other chronic health issues and previous bad response to vaccines
Issie - 2021-03-02 19:20:34

There are others in the ME/CFS community with these same concerns.  We already are "long haulers" (so to speak).  We sure don't want it to be worse.  But we don't want COVID either.  And those of us with families, it would be real hard for members to be careful enough, long term, for us with compromised systems to not get it. Yet at same time, we could have adverse affects to the vaccine also.  

Whether or not herd immunity would protect us, in question.  And how long might that take before there is even herd immunity.  Some States are lifting the need of mask wearing in public.  That is a real concern for those of us in already compromised conditions.  

Thank you in advance for considering my questions.  Many of us are not sure what to do as to whether to risk taking a vaccine or risk the virus itself and not be vaccinated. 

Report Reply