Drbeen Forum | drbeen

Want to ask a question or post a comment?

Sign In or start your Free Trial

Back To Forum
Free Trial

COVID and Co-morbidities
Nick Arrizza - 2021-01-29 16:08:17

Dear Dr Syed,

First off, let me say that I follow, and deeply appreciate all the wisdom and knowledge you are imparting to the public! Thank you and many blessings to you and your family!

As an engineer and physician myself I am always looking for pragmatic solutions to problems and since the start of this pandemic what has stood out in stark fashion is that although 94% of all COVID-19 deaths have been associated with co-morbid conditions such as hypertension, obesity, Type 2 Diabetes, elevated cholesterol, and other chronic diseases (not to mention the intractable smoking habit) what most physicians still don't know (and refuse to acknowledge; a phenomenon you yourself are all too familiar with) is that there is over 100 years of peer reviewed published research (see work of Dr Dean Ornish, Dr John Campbell, T Colin Campbell PhD, Dr Caldwell Esselstyn, Dr Michael Greger, and hundreds more) that unequivocally shows that up to 80% of these 'diseases' are nutritionally based and that they can all but be prevented, halted and even reversed (within weeks) on a 100% whole plant based diet that excludes oils, animal products and processed foods.

So what has been said by many of the above physicians vociferously, and I include myself in that group is that public health officials and the medical community in general has dropped the ball not only on Vitamin D, Ivermectin etc. but most crucially on the fact that no one in the mainstream is acknowledging that the treatment/reversal of these chronic conditions not only must be addressed But that they can Easily and rapidly be addressed with the above message. Instead what is happening is that many of these people are excluded from care because of the overwhelmng demand for COVID-19 care beds and are left to languish in a state of utter helpless confusion when in fact there is a great deal they can all do empower themselves in their own homes had they been given the appropriate dietary advice.

Additionally, the above diet has been shown (Dr Tim Spector, Dr Will Bulsiewicz and many others) to rapidly restore the gut dysbiosis that many of those individuals with chronic conditions have that not only predispose them to those conditions but may also be associated with the immune dysregulation that arises in such an environment and which may be directly or indirectly linked to both the COVID-19 cytokine storm activity (mortality/morbidity) but also to the COVID long hauler (likely autoimmune) syndrome which many are grappling with. Dr John Campbell, Dr Brooke Goldner and Dr Saray Stancic, who all have been able to reverse Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus and MS as well as other autoimmune conditions in their patients with a whole food plant based diet is a testament to what is being sadly missed in our understanding, management of this pandemic as well the prevention of all future zoonotically derived pathogens.

Thank you for all you do!

Nick Arrizza M.D. (ret'd)

Ontario, Canada

COVID and Co-morbidities
Nick Arrizza - 2021-01-31 13:14:04

Sorry, I meant ...Dr John Mcdougall, Dr Brooke Goldner and Dr Saray Stancic...

Report Reply