Drbeen Forum | drbeen

Want to ask a question or post a comment?

Sign In.

Back To Forum
Sign In

Discuss Vaccines
Dr. Mobeen Syed - 2021-01-26 19:45:54

Let's talk about the vaccine efficacy for the new variants.

Discuss Vaccines
naqshpa - 2021-06-04 12:42:39

meed advise about vaccines. ive had reactions like blurry vision & sleep paralysis to antibiotics. i was on epilipsy meds 20 yrs back when i was 18 and had a reaction to that too. stamerring & memory issues forgetting spellings & maths. The stamerring reduced as soon as the doctor reduced dosage & went away when i stopped meds. i had to re learn my maths & spellings. ive had a rash reaction to diclofenac.
i can take paracetemol, ibuprofen & dicyclomine+ mefenamic acid though. cough syrups make me weirdly sleepy & for most meds a child dose works for me. should i be taking the risk with the vaccine ? i hope someone can advise beause im worried about a reaction
lately ive read the AZ is only effective for around only  60% for the new delta variant. And its the major variant in India. is taking vaccine worth that risk for me. 

Report Reply

Discuss Vaccines
Laura N - 2021-04-05 18:03:29

I have past history of contrast iodine anaphylactic and wanted to know if it would be contraindicated to have Moderna vaccine. Also I had mono Epstein  Barr as a teenager and also wanted to know if there are any issues with mRNA vaccine. I have a choice of either mRNA or j and j and was not sure which I should get. Several pharmacist have said they thought the mRNA was better because it did not go through the nucleus of the cell and was not DNA. Not sure what to do so confused. 

Report Reply

Discuss Vaccines
Foods4Medicines - 2021-02-03 14:48:52

The reduction of cases might not be all from vaccines, because the countries having not started vaccination also showed reductions. It might be mainly from a WHO gift to Biden by changing guideline to reduce PCR CT from 45 to 35, one hour after his inauguration.

Report Reply

Matthew Isaacs - 2021-04-10 20:40:35

That's very interesting!  Can you provide a link to the source of that information?

Foods4Medicines - 2021-04-11 19:27:40

Please refer to the folloing topic in this forum for the link:

Vaccines efficacy? Do the best vaccinated countries show better improvement than the countries having not started vaccination yet, such as Japan?

Foods4Medicines - 2021-02-13 04:27:51

Matthew Isaacs - 2021-04-11 19:27:40

Thanks so much for guiding me to the link!  I've been following the debate on # of cycles for RT PCR as a diagnostic of COVID since the beginning of this "pandemic".  Dr. Been has covered it too, as has Dr. Marik with Dr. Been when he has been on the show.  I am of the opinion that it seems like 30 cycles is a better ballpark threshold for making a guess of Y or N on whether there's a COVID case, but as the debate leaps from the egghead world of academia & public health "experts"/agencies, then to politicians/media, then to the average person, I think the humongous range of uncertainty and relatively low worthwhileness (or worth) of PCR testing for COVID has gotten lost in a huge way, despite everyone's best attempts to learn whether/how new tests like PCR should be utilized.

Discuss Vaccines
Hannah Stelfox - 2021-02-03 10:17:48

Dr Mobeen, thank you very much for all your wonderful explanations.  What are your thoughts on people with co-morbidities getting a vaccine.  My medical people do not know the answer (I understand this) but I am 29, a young lawyer, I had a benign brain tumour as a baby and had it removed after 3 surgeries (I live in U.K. but had 2 surgeries in New York.) I did great until age 23 when I had a tiny Meningioma treated with gamma knife.  No problem since.  However, I find many vaccines say 'to be used with extreme caution in the case of anyone with a brain injury' and I have had none and am perfectly fine.  I do not want to risk any brain upset and do not feel particularly at risk from Covid.  What would your thinking be?  I worry in case people start making suggestions of coercion because, for me, any brain irritation/insult would have unknown effects and I have never had a seizure or any problem but I do not want to take that risk.  I would be the experiment because obviously no one will have been accepted onto a trial with a brain tumour.

Report Reply

Discuss Vaccines
Foods4Medicines - 2021-01-28 00:22:45

To the variant of South Africa (SA), Moderna reduces 6 fold, and Pfizer reduces 50%. By extrapolatation, will a future variant, or a combination of variants, such as UK and SA, reduce the efficancy to below FDA's requirement sooner or latert? 

Report Reply

Discuss Vaccines
Scott Robinson - 2021-01-27 19:41:17

Is the virus likely to mutate enough to escape the vaccine?

Report Reply

Dr. Mobeen Syed - 2021-01-27 18:26:40

Not enough mutations so far. Moderna and Pfizer said that their vaccine's efficacy is reduced due to the mutations, but it still is above the target range set by FDA (60%)

Mobeen